Aims and Values
- To foster brotherly love among our families and to develop social bonds among our members and their families.
- To support one another in the practice of our Faith
- To support and encourage Brothers in difficulty or need including maintaining and administering benevolent funds through the Catenian Association Benevolent and Children’s Fund.
- To advance the interests and development of young Catholics and to assist them in the choice or pursuit of a career, including the promotion and support of the Catenian Bursary Fund*.
- To help our clergy and to encourage and support vocations to the religious life in various ways.
- To support charities which the Circle, Province or Association considers are worthy and relevant.
*This fund exists to help young Catholics between 16 and 24 to undertake voluntary work that benefits other people and assists a volunteer’s personal development. For more information click here.
- We will always be encouraging, supportive and helpful to fellow members and their families and be non judgemental in any dealings.
- We will behave in a courteous manner at meetings and functions, observing dress codes and maintaining high standards of behaviour.
- We will always strive to live our personal and business lives in accordance with the ideals of our Catholic faith, where every person matters.
- We encourage each other to take part in public life through individual action but we do not bring our political affiliations into our meetings or social gatherings.
- We will always recognise that the Circle with its Brothers and their families is the most important entity of the Association.
- We will ensure that the Association’s governing bodies do all that is possible to enable each Circle to flourish.
- We will abide by the Obligations of Membership.